- How do I find out if I'm eligible?
- Is my personal account eligible to participate in Business Banking Switch?
- Do I need to move my business savings?
- Are there offers for switching my lending?
- Over what period is turnover calculated?
- What happens to my credit card/charge card if I switch by business current account?
- What types of accounts are eligible for Business Banking Switch?
- Can I transfer my overdraft?
- Will I be invited to take part in Business Banking Switch now that more customers are being made eligible for the scheme?
- What about any loans I might have?
View more help:
- About Business Banking Switch
- Switching your account
- Businesses with complex needs
- About the banks and offers
- How the scheme and website works
- Customers who have already started the switching process
The communication of Business Banking Switch offers by Royal Bank of Scotland to eligible customers does not represent an endorsement or recommendation of those offers. Customers must consider the full terms and conditions of the products offered in line with their current and future banking needs, and seek independent advice where necessary. Available offers may change or be withdrawn at any time. The scheme funds are limited and may run out before the planned end date of the scheme. Customers must apply to open a new business current account with a participating bank by 28th February 2021 and have completed their switch and closed their Royal Bank of Scotland account by 30th June 2021. Each participating bank’s own application process, criteria and conditions apply and these may change from time to time. Neither Royal Bank of Scotland nor any third party will have any liability in relation to any decision taken by a participant bank.